Hiranandani Foundation School – Thane
Credits : hiranandanischools.edu.in
The Hiranandani Foundation School, Thane is a co-educational, English medium ICSE school founded in 1999 by the Hiranandani Foundation, a registered charitable trust. It is slowly but surely progressing into one of the finest co-educational english medium ICSE institutions in the country.
The school was founded under the able guidance of our Late Founder Principal, Mr. John S. Lewis. The school began with 102 students and 14 staff members on the first and second floor of Polaris building in Hiranandani Estate, Thane.
In the year 2000 from Polaris the school was shifted to the present building which was inaugurated on March 21, 2001 by the then Governor of Maharashtra, His Excellency Dr. P. C. Alexander. In the year 2000-2001 the school had strength of 468 students with 30 staff members.
The school acquired its affiliation with the Indian Council for the Secondary Education Examination (ICSE) on December 30, 2006. The school has got its provisional affiliation to begin with the ISC on February 12, 2009.
We nurture students to bring out their overall development through ethics, morals, cultural awareness, physical fitness & academic excellence to help them become outstanding citizens of India and the world. Our educational programme encompasses inculcating a high team spirit, leadership qualities, critical thinking and an innovative mind, creating a capacity for lifelong learning
- To nurture future global citizens who positively contribute toward India’s economic development & world harmony.
- To sustain a record of 100% success in the ISC & ICSE examinations and work towards raising the average achievement level.
- To provide modern and time-tested techniques in the class-room and electronic teaching aids for more effective and pleasurable learning experience.
- To develop an interest in learning and the self-confidence to implement, through participation in literary, cultural, social and sporting activities.
- To develop effective teaching methods and skills through regular in-service training sessions and motivational programmers conducted by the school.
- To encourage closer links between home and school by coordinating with PTA (parent group) for Students’ Welfare.
Awards Accreditation & Affiliations
- Accredited by National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET)
- National Accreditation Board for Education and Training is a constituent Board of Quality Council of India. National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET) in recent years has enlarged its scope of activities and is trying to match its progress with Slogan of QCI i.e., "Creating an Eco System for Quality". With the growing needs of competent personnel and credible vocational training courses in various industry sectors, NABET has been rapidly expanding its scope of services to cater to the needs of the industry. NABET has established a mechanism for the accreditation of vocational training organizations and for skill assessment bodies.
Our Trustee - Mr. Niranjan Hiranandani
Building roads to success in all fields has been his vision and passion. For excellence through endeavour has always been the mission of Mr. Niranjan Hiranandani. Nothing can be achieved without aiming for it. Education is one of the passions of Mr. Niranjan Hiranandani and he is today the President and providing guidance for many educational institutions.
Our Trustee - Mr. Surendra Hiranandani
Mr. Surendra Hiranandani, the founder of Hiranandani Upscale, is the engineering genius behind the Hiranandani Group. His ability to transform barren lands into some of India's leading property developments is unsurpassed. His outstanding reputation is supported by his commitment to quality, innovation and execution.
Education, down the ages has undergone a gradual metamorphosis; the blackboard has been replaced by Smart Boards. Technology has become an integral part of the curriculum. Learning out of the classroom has given rise to making the children avid travelers and trot around the globe.
Mens Sana Incorpore Sano' a 'Sound Mind in a Sound Body', the HFS logo is deeply embedded in the mind of every Hiraite.
With all this experiential learning the intrinsic values and principles of 'Learning to learn' have remained unchanged. Every child is honed and groomed to evolve into a complete human being.
Over the years at HFS I have witnessed in our students an unparalleled knowledge base, a vibrant dynamism, an acute consciousness of the world around them and a highly focused ambition which becomes the driving force of commitment and the need to excel.
We need your cooperation and valuable advice always.
Mrs. Neelu Lamba
Principal and Head of School
Hiranandani Foundation School, Thane
The Pre-Primary Section of the HFS functions as a module with a distinctive persona. Early childhood, ranging between 3 and 6 years of age, is the time to steer the child gently from a compact, secure and known environment to the unknown, ever unfolding world, lasting a lifetime.
The child needs to be equipped with the basic skills that promote observation, recognition, reasoning, and physical coordination. All of these are achieved by a firm belief in the spirit of play that is at the heart of our school programme.
During the full-fledged curriculum of the Pre-Primary Section, the child gets a wonderful platform to unabashedly face an audience. Round the year, the toddlers under guidance get an insight into the multi-cultural country that is India, by hosting celebrations of important festivals, Show-n-Tell sessions, Talent shows, Assemblies.
Children’s minds are like computer hardware. Their brain develops the software by observing, listening, engaging in real and meaningful activities such as educational trips, Picnics and Science Nook exhibits. We nurture and ensure there is a holistic development of this little software.
The Primary classes follow the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education curriculum and aims at the holistic development of the children studying in classes I to IV.
Various activities such as MUSIC, DANCE, ART, Physical Education are included in the school timetable. Competitions in Elocutions (English and Hindi), Art, Music and Impromptu (std IV) are conducted. Think Lab activities are introduced in Std 3 and 4 to enhance the thinking abilities in the students. Independence Day, Republic Day, Teachers' Day, Founders' Day, and festivals around the year are celebrated with great enthusiasm.
The academic year consists of 3 terms and the students are assessed through worksheets, activities and term end LEVEL GAUGING Exercise each term.
OPEN DAY is conducted at the end of each term.
The school timings for Std I and II: 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm
The school timings for Std III and IV: 7.20 am to 12.40 pm
The school year begins in June and terminates in April. The course of the school extends up to Std. X.
The school prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE). Regular attendance is a requirement of the Council.
Candidates are declared successful if they reach a prescribed minimum aggregate of marks in the compulsory subjects while at least attaining a credit in three subjects, which must include the subject English and the pass standard in three subjects.
They must also pass in SUPW (Socially Useful and Productive Work) with a minimum of a ‘C’ grade.
Hindi is taught from Std. I upwards; Marathi, the regional language of the State is compulsory from Std. V to VIII.
Art, Craft, Value-based Education, Music, Physical Education, SUPW, Swimming also form part of the curriculum.
The school has introduced Football, Basketball, throw ball, Cricket, Gymnastics, Inter-House Matches and competitions are held in all these games.
Competitions in General Knowledge, Elocution, Carrom, Chess, Table Tennis, Swimming, Music, Indian Dance, Debating, Impromptu Speech, handwriting and Essay Writing are also held.
- English I
- English II
- History-Civics and Geography Paper II
- History-Civics and Geography Paper II
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) / Commercial Studies
- Computer Applications / Economic Applications / Environmental Applications / Commercial Applications
- Arts / Physical Education
- Socially useful Productive Work (SUPW)
June 29, 2009, a very important landmark in the history of HFS. It was the day when we commenced with the ISC Section. Mr. Niranjan Hiranandani and Mr. Surendra Hiranandani graciously honored us by being present at a special assembly conducted on this occasion and addressed the children.
The ISC section comprises of the Science, Commerce and Humanities Stream. The first batch of ISC students passed out in the year 2011. We have an excellent faculty with Post Graduate experienced teachers who give absolute commitment to the cause of teaching to equip the children to ace the exams. A monthly test schedule is followed along with a monthly meeting with the parents.
Classes for ISC begin from 7.20 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
The school conducts an integrated course for the IIT -JEE entrance examination preparation in collaboration with FIIT-JEE in the school premises.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Hiranandani Foundation School, Wood Street, Patlipada, Off Ghodbunder Road, Thane (W), Maharashtra, India
- Phone : +91 (22) 4158 7300/ +91 (22) 2586 7300
- Website : hiranandanischools.edu.in
- Email : email@example.com